Rat Poison and Dogs Help

Need a Website? Go Daddy has everything you need to get on the web!

Welcome to My Dog Ate Rat Poison Help!

Rats and rodents are creatures that cause many problems. They carry disease which can be spread to humans and pets, they ruin foundations and wiring in the house, they build nests and breed very quickly, they leave a huge mess around the house… We just want them gone. The easiest way to do this is by using a rodenticide, or rat poison.

Rat poison is very effective and can kill rodents within a few days of consumption. However, not only is rat poison toxic to rodents, but our family dogs as well. This could be a problem. Even a small amount of poison can be very harmful to your dog. Rat poison consumption is a silent killer, because symptoms are usually not present for hours.

If you ever suspect your dog has consumed rat poison, or as soon as the poison begins to show symptoms, it is crucial that you take your dog to the veterinarian as soon as possible. You should never try to treat a poisoned dog by yourself. Rat poison and dogs can easily lead to death if left untreated.

Our Mission

From a list of possible symptoms to tips for emergency situations, our mission is to provide readers with the best information when it comes to consumption of rat poison and dogs. We discuss what rat poison is and how it works in your dog’s system, quick treatment options prior to veterinarian treatments, as well as different types of poisons.

Sometimes, no matter how careful you are, rat poison consumption cannot be avoided. Your dog may get into the old shed and find some rat poison he though was one of his dog treats. We are your #1 resource for prevention tips and the best information on how to deal with this crisis as quickly and as effectively as possible to save your dog’s life.